Many Corporate, Government and NGOs are using blogging platforms as free or low cost social media press rooms. Learn how to write a social media press release, host it for free and then what tools will help distribute that press release across social media platforms for community engagement and distribution.
Bring Your Laptop! Computer based course – a power supply is helpful too! We provide the wifi and electricity.
What you will learn
- Create an online press room suitable for business or organisations in WordPress.
- Write and publish a social media press release, including video, photos, infographics and lists
- Enable the Facebook and Twitter addons for social network distribution.
- Measure the impact of the press release in social networks and online communities.
- Setting up your online press room – hosting your own or hosted services.
- Creating the new site and naming it.
- Choosing and editing a theme, adding widgets and company backstory.
- Writing your press release in blog posts, style and subjects for popular discussion.
- Embedding video and photos.
- The author and backstory. Importance of the About page.
- Managing the commenters – moderating community.
- Social Media Diary – setting up a calendar to gain an audience.
- LOCATION: Sydney CBD
- DATE/S: Please enquire firstname.lastname@example.org
- TIMES: 1 day – 9:30am to 5pm
- TUTOR: Laurel Papworth
- FEE: $550 / $495
- STUDENTS: Max 10